Monday 15 August 2011

Novak Djokovic - The Target At The US Open

Novak Djokovic can't duck the fact that as world No. 1 he goes into the US Open as a heavy title favourite. The Serb is starting to grow more accustomed to playing as the ATP target man after the best season of his career.

But he's not quite ready to declare himself the king of the courts. "Next to Federer and Nadal, yeah, I mean, I've been playing incredible tennis this year. I will be probably one of the favorites," he admitted.

"But this is nothing different from what I have experienced in Grand Slams in last couple of years. Being one of the top players, you always have these expectations."

Djokovic says he won't change anything in his preparation for the final major of the season which begins in a fortnight. "I'll try to win every match I play on, not change any routine that I have. It's still very early for me to talk about how I feel as No. 1 because I just became No. 1 a couple weeks. I'm really happy to be able to perform this well, you know, in the first tournament after a long break."

Djokovic added that he's not surprised at how well he's going this season, a seven-month run of form. "I've been playing this well throughout the whole season. So I'm just trying to keep that up.

"I put a lot of hours on the court and off the court working hard. So it's not something that comes with the talent or something like that, it's really hard work and dedication."
Courtesy: Tennistalk

No comments:

Post a Comment