Tuesday 3 May 2011

Novak Djokovic - I've Worked Hard for This

Courtesy: iol

Untouchable 27-0 Novak Djokovic admitted Tuesday he's living a tennis dream which cannot go on.

The second seed at the ATP-WTA Madrid Masters has not been beaten at all in 2011 and owns five titles coming into his first serious clay test of the spring as the French Open start on May 22 draws near.

“I don't think it's realistic to go without a defeat in the first four months of the season,” admitted the Serb as he prepared to face an opening match against South African Kevin Anderson, a winner over Olivier Rochus in the first round 6-2, 6-4.

“But anything is possible if you believe you can achieve it and you are fit physically and mentally fresh, motivated and dedicated to the sport,” said the world number two behind Rafael Nadal.

“I've been working very hard on my game, my mental approach over the past few years and now it's paying off. There is no secret.”

Djokovic, who latest trophy triumph came at his family-owned Serbian Open on Sunday, added: “I always knew I had the quality, I just needed to get things together – and that's happening right now.”

But Djokovic does not believe his dream can go on forever. “I don't believe I can win every match on clay, but I'll take it one match at a time and we'll see how far it can go.”

While Djokovic, who played Madrid in 2009 with a marathon semifinal loss to Rafael Nadal and withdrew last year with illness, was psyching up for battle, Estoril champion Juan Del Potro was reaching the second round, defeating 13th seed Mikhail Youzhny 6-1, 3-6, 6-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment